What information do we collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- identifiers such as a name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers;
- demographic information, including characteristics protected by law, such as your gender or age;
- commercial information, such as your purchase history or products you have expressed interest in;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the data we receive when you interact with our website;
- geolocation data, such as information we receive about your device location (e.g., based on your IP address); and
- inferences drawn from the above categories.
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you create an account, purchase a product or service, apply for a job, sign up for our email list or other communications, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
- From your devices: We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites when you use the Services, such as your IP address, your general geographic location, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, and the search terms you enter on the Services. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Services, and to improve the Services. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the Services save on your computer using your web browser and access when you return.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- providing you with products, services, or information you request;
- providing you with information about the Services or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- customizing your experience when using the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content based on your interests;
- allowing us to improve the Services, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Services;
- helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users; and
- detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Services:
- to third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business operations and that have agreed to keep the information confidential, including, but not limited to, third parties that provide order and payment processing services, process employment applications on our behalf, and deliver marketing communications and other materials that may be of interest to you;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary (a) to protect our rights, the integrity of the Services, or your safety or the safety of others, or (b) to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our policies, violations of law, or other misuse of the Services; and
- to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- In addition, we may share or disclose information that has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise does not identify you.
Please note that the Services may contain third-party links. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.